Our PRINCE2 Foundation Course has evolved through many iterations to ensure we deliver the best PRINCE2 training to you as our customer. After achieving the PRINCE2 Foundation certification you will have the confidence and knowledge to work effectively as a member of a PRINCE2 project team. The PRINCE2 Foundation course is a pre-cursor to the more advanced PRINCE2 Practitioner certification. The PRINCE2 Practitioner certification enables you to lead a PRINCE2 project as the Project Manager.
The PRINCE2 Foundation course follows the official Axelos syllabus and includes the following:
- Overview of PRINCE2 and the seven Principles underpinning it.
- The 4 integrated PRINCE2 elements. PRINCE2 tailoring and embedding.
- The Themes (Business Case, Quality, Organisation, Change and Progress, Risk, Plans).
- How the PRINCE2 Themes support the Principles.
- The purpose of PRINCE2 Themes.
- PRINCE2 Products (Projects and Management).
- PRINCE2 Project resource hierarchy and Responsibilities.
The purpose and goals of the PRINCE2 processes:
- Starting up a Project Process (SU)
- Directing a Project Process (DP)
- Initiating a Project Process (IP)
- Controlling a Stage Process (CS)
- Managing Product Delivery Process (MP)
- Managing a Stage Boundary Process (SB)
- Closing a Project Process (CP)
The PRINCE2 Foundation exam is a 1 hour multiple choice exam containing 75 questions. You are required to get at least 50% to pass the exam. The UK average pass rate for the PRINCE2 Foundation exam is 97%.
We recommend that you take your PRINCE2 Foundation exam at the end of the course, however it can be taken at home at a later date if you would like more time to study. It is an online proctored exam (additional £40). All you need is a webcam, microphone and speakers to engage with your proctor.